BACK TO MAIN TEST PAGE
Directions: Answer the following questions and choose the answer that is grammatically correct.
1. Are you in Paris?
2. She finished her work _____.
3. The mountains are beautiful, _____ they’re cold.
4. Where is the department store?
5. She ___________ sick yesterday.
6. I have dinner _____________6:30 ___________ Tuesdays.
7. I like the blue skirt _____________ the red one because it is _____________.
8. Are there __________ shops in Los Angeles?
9. I’m in the mood for something spicy.
10. It upsets me _________ people do bad things for no reason.
11. ________ fat is harmful to your health.
12. She gives a lot of money ________ the poor.
13. ___________ shoes are these?
14. She isn’t going to the party,_____________?
15. My son just _____________________ 4 years old last week.
16. In my opinion, being a police officer is _____________ being a sales associate.
17. _____________ better leave now if you don’t want to be late.
18. Sometime in the future, all buildings _______________ solar paneling to help generate electricity.
19. She hid behind the door so she wouldn’t be ________________.
20. Don’t forget ____________ off the lights before you go to bed.
21. If I’d listened to my teachers, I ________________ additional classes.
22. She has always wanted to learn how to play the violin,_____________________ she is taking lessons now.
23. I like the idea of living in a city ____________ there are a lot of things to do and see.
24. I would never take a job that I didn’t like _____________________ it paid a lot of money.
25. If he hadn’t left late, he _____________________ missed his plane.
26. Carla _______ late to work because she had been in a traffic jam.
27. Jake had never driven _______ he moved out of the city.
28. By the time the bus came, Lydia _______ to walk to work.
29. _______ Paul had heard about the flight delay, he called his parents to tell them he’d be late.
30. In my opinion, companies _______ to pollute the environment.