Frequently Asked Questions | LASC
Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.


  • 1. Applying
  • 2. Immigration Status & Visas
  • 3. Tuition & Fees
  • 4. School Policies
  • 5. Academics
Expand All | Collapse All
  • 1. What is the minimum amount that must be shown on my bank statement?

    Student’s must show a minimum of $20,000 in order to qualify for an I-20 valid for one year. All bank statements issued in a name other than the student must be accompanied by an Affidavit of Financial Support.

  • 2. Can I have dependents on my I-20

    Yes, however your bank statement must show an additional $6,000 for each dependent

  • 3. How can I get my most recent I-94?

    An I-94 is issued to foreign visitors entering the United States and is a record of all arrivals and departures. Students can obtain their I-94 at the US Customs and Border Protection Website.

  • 4. How long does it take to get an I-20

    20After you submit your application, it will take 2-3 business days to process. For students who are outside the United States, please allow another 3-5 business days for DHL shipping (depending on destination).

  • 1. Can I study with a Tourist Visa (B1 or B2)?

    Yes, with a tourist visa you can study a maximum of 17 hours per week.

  • 2. Can I work formally with a student visa (F1)?

    No, F1 students are not allowed to work formally in the US.

  • 3. Can I change my tourist visa (B) for student visa (F1) within the US?

    Yes, however, this could be a lengthy and expensive process. In order to change your status from a B visitor to an F1, you must file an application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Please contact your student representative for more information.

  • 1. When do I have to pay my tuition?

    You may pay for your tuition on the same day you begin your program.

  • 2. Does your school accept SACM sponsored students?

    Yes. LASC has been designated as an approved ESL program by the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission. When applying please provide an Affidavit of Support along with a letter issued by SACM.

  • 3. What other fees do I have to pay for besides tuition?

    All students must pay a $150 application fee. Students who are applying from abroad must pay a $60 DHL fee depending on destination to receive their I-20s by mail. F1 students must pay a $200 registration fee directly to SEVIS. Other fees might apply depending on country of origin. Check the US Embassy website for details.

  • 4. How much money do I need to study in the United States?

    This varies. However, a rough estimate would be $2,500 per month including all expenses such as accommodation, tuition, books, meals, transportation etc.

  • 1. When I first arrive in the United States do I have to start school immediately?

    Yes. Immigration regulations state that international students must start school on the start date listed on their I-20.

  • 2. The academic session has already started, do I have to wait until the following quarter to begin classes?

    No. Our school allows rolling admissions and students can begin classes at any time.

  • 3. What are the requirements to maintain my I-20?

    Students must attend school 18 hours a week and maintain above an 80% attendance record. Students must also maintain good academic standing.

  • 4. Can I travel or take a vacation if I am an F1 student? Can I leave the country?

    Students who have been enrolled in our program for 6 months (two quarters) are eligible to take a one-month vacation. Students who have been enrolled for 1 year (four quarters) are eligible to take a three-month vacation. F1 students are allowed to leave the country upon having their I-20 signed by the school official.

  • 5. How long can I study at your school?

    Students can be enrolled in our program for a maximum of 3 years

  • 6. Does LASC provide accommodation for students?

    Yes. We are able to place students needing accommodation with an American family home-stay, or rentals of single or shared apartments.

  • 1. I know very little English is that a problem?

    No, there is no minimum English language requirement to study at our school. Our English as a Second Language program consists of 6 levels, accommodating students who have little to no English to those who wish to study at the University level.

  • 2. Is your school accredited?

    Yes. LASC is accredited by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) of the state of California in addition to the Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET), as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. LASC is certified by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) in association with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and is approved to issue I-20s for F-1 students wishing to study in the United States. Our Designated School Officials are also certified by the National Association of Foreign Student Advisers (NAFSA).

  • 3. What types of students attend your school? Are your teachers experienced ?

    Our student population is very diverse and represents a number of nationalities: Brazilian, Russian, Italian, Turkish, Middle Eastern, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, South American, Vietnamese, Thai and many others. All of teachers are native speakers and most of them have advanced degrees and overseas English teaching experience.

I have additional questions

Didn’t find an answer to your question? Contact us and we will respond within 24 hours. Or use our live chat to speak with someone now.

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.